Saturday, October 29, 2011

PAINTING COLIJN


This is a very special painting I did for a very special family! My dear friend, Lynn Colijn, asked  me to do a painting for her, similar to Nederburg Pinotage. And seeing that it was a commission I thought it would be quite lovely to add a few objects that are precious to them as a family. 

The sugar jar from Holland and the little figurines fondly known as 'Martin and Lynn' represent a rich family heritage. The jug on the left I added as it hails from the VOC era, whom great grand dad Colijn worked for. The teacup on the left belonged to Lynn's grandmother, and the bottle of wine was had at their daughter Paige's 21st!

The most precious touch of all is the very subtle cross in the foreground, hanging from the silver bowl. This piece is very special to my family as it once belonged to their son Ross, but was given as a gift to Thomas, my son.

I so enjoyed doing this commission, and should you like to have your special object d'art captured on canvas, I would be very happy to do so.

Fondly,

xxx

c e c i l i a



4 comments:

  1. What an amazing painting. I love that you added things that were personal to the family...it makes it even more special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this painting, I stumbled upon it while blog browsing which believe it or not started about 3 hours ago...time flys when I start to look at other peoples blogs.

    I love the colours in your work and the light bouncing off the flowers. I also love the little spots of colour like confetti floating down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much for the kind words on my blog! you are so talented! oh my goodness! i found that image on pinterest so i'm not sure who owns the rights to it. but i know you would paint it beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete